The Vampire Facial is a non-surgical cosmetic procedure involving the application of platelet-rich plasma (PRP) derived from the patient’s blood, into the undersurface of the skin. The PRP is driven into the skin using tiny needles that penetrate the flesh, resurfacing the skin improving the texture and the tone. When the skin is punctured, your body automatically reacts by making new collagen, giving you more plump, healthy-looking skin. Patients will experience 24-48 hours of mild redness but can resume daily activities the next day.
The Vampire Facial differs from the facelift in that with the facial, the PRP is inserted on the undersurface of the skin. With the facelift, it is directly inserted under the skin to lift the skin away from the bone.
- Skin creams & facial peels can be helpful but sometimes are not powerful enough to rejuvenate the tissue adequately.
- Prescription medications can be prescribed but results can be slow and not as impactful as desired.
- Cosmetic surgery can remove excess skin and make the person appear younger but a surgical facelift can be more than what is needed for some people.
- Hyaluronic Acid fillers lift the skin away from the bone to restore youthful volume and shape. These fillers can cause problems near the eye and do little to improve the skin tone and texture.
- Minimally invasive way of reducing the effects of aging as well as decreasing scarring
- Effects of the procedure improve for 2 to 3 months and can last at least 1 to 2 years
- No risk of allergic reaction because it is your own blood.